Monday, November 10, 2008

Thinking

I've been thinking alot lately, about a great variety of things. Mostly our society. Why we do what we do and how. What is "normal" and is that where I want to be? The most important question I ask is "Is that what I really want for my children?" We are programmed in our world to 'fit in', to do what's expected, what's always been done. But why? For what... and who? Are we THINKING?!

I know I am speaking in broad terms, but that is because I am thinking about a wide variety of issues. A few are: schooling, nutrition, entertainment, finances, etc... I don't have all, or hardly any, of the answers (yet). I've been feeling bad about that. I guess in my disease of perfectionism if a question arises I feel I need an answer immediately. When I get an answer I want to do the 'right thing', right away. I'm praying for patience, discernment... and conviction.

Here is one thing that caught my attention (to say the least... actually, I was in tears) today. It's a video called "Meet your Meat". Although the phrase "ignorance is bliss" holds very true, I also believe "you are what you eat" is every bit as compelling.



I also just finished reading 'Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God' by Francis Chan. I recommend it to anyone who considers themself to be a Christian. Are you really walking with Christ, or just a fan of His? I'm not telling anyone what to do, or how to think. (I just said I don't have all the answers.) I just hope, in a society so focused on doing, we will all challenge ourselves to THINK as well. I am, and if you have questions, or answers, I'd love for you to share them in the comments.

No comments: