Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fall Fun at Gentry's Farm

A few weeks ago we enjoyed our annual family trip to Gentry's Farm. I always love the opportunity to breathe in the warmth and joy that is all things Fall. My favorite season, at one of my favorite places, with my favorite people. Life is sweet.


Sifting and sorting...

...sorting and sifting.

They thought that the numbers represented their ages. Maya wondered why she didn't reach the four like Jonah reached the three... good thing this was before Maya turned five.

Strategery.

Mr. Jimmy Gentry. Jonah was excited to meet the 'real live farmer man' in person and I was glad to get to thank him again for sharing his farm with us. His book, 'An American Life' is on my To Read list.

One very lucky blessed Mom.

Daddy, "happily" bringing in our harvest: 1 extra large pumpkin, 4 mid-sized, 3 small, 3 minis, including 1 conjoined twin pumpkin, 1 'lunchlady' pumpkin, lots of unique gourds and a t-shirt. I told you this was my favorite season, didn't I? At least I refrained from also adding a cinderella pumpkin and a bouquet of hand-picked sunflowers, like I wanted.

Speaking of the sunflower picking reminds me of a picture from last year's Gentry Farm trip. It was about 2 weeks before Baby Luke was born. And, only because I love you, I guess I will share it. Whoa, look at that belly! I'm surprised no one accused me of trying to smuggle a pumpkin.

Oh, and when I went to find that picture, look what else I found (from 2007.)

See what I mean about growing too fast?!

No comments: