Friday, August 8, 2008

Uchida

Speaking of birthdays... what I would like for my birthday, Christmas, Valentines and anything else you can think of, is gift certificates to Uchida Photography. We recently had some amazing pictures taken there of Baby Luke (Thanks Tom and Danielle!) And yesterday I selected the layout for his 'footprints collection' collage. Please don't judge the quality here because it is just a scanned image of the paper print out I brought home to show Chris.

These are few more of our favorites from that session.
Can anyone please tell me why I didn't have more portraits done earlier? (Actually don't. I have enough guilt.) For some reason it is just hitting me lately how incredibly fast my kids are growing up. (Do I mention that in every post?) I know, I know, everyone did warn me that that would happen, and I really did believe them, but I just don't think I totally 'got it'. Well, now I 'get it' and since I can't slow time down, I think the next best thing is to cherish and capture as much of it as I can.
I'm planning on doing a family portrait this year and hopefully individual sessions with Maya and Jonah too. But I'm kind of waiting for Maya's hair to grow out a little more from the last haircut she gave herself. Yeah, she took a good two inch chunk out of the center of her bangs and it's taken all Summer to grow back out. And I also thought about waiting until I finally drop those few remaining (thirty) pounds, but I figure it will be a better family portrait if it's taken sometime this century. (Ooh, unless Tom has one of those magic lenses I was looking for...)

So how 'bout sharing? What are some of your most cherished pictures?

No comments: