Sunday, April 20, 2008

Marked as Christ's Own

On April 13th Baby Pookers was Baptized. It was a really special day and we were so blessed to be surrounded with friends, family and especially his wonderful Godparents whom we are so grateful for! I wish I had pictures from the the baptismal service. He was such a sweet baby and didn't cry at all, even when Father Jerry carried him down the aisle. I also never got a picture of him in his little white outfit because I changed him out of it right after the service so he'd be comfortable for his nap at Mom's house (where she graciously hosted a wonderful brunch - Thanks Mom!) I was also encouraged to change him by Toots asking me why he was wearing 'girl clothes' and dear Hubby referring to it as a 'clown suit'. (It really wasn't that bad.)

My favorite part of the service is at the actual moment of baptism when they say "You are sealed by the Holy Spirit in Baptism and marked as Christ's own for ever." Isn't that wonderful and comforting? I can't wait for him be able to understand those words fully and know deeply the love that he has in Christ.


1 comment:

Betty said...

I just wanted to say you guys are an attractive family!

Miss you! Let's get together soon!