Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Cup Runneth Over

This moment will hold a special place in my mental scrapbook.

It was SO precious! It was one of those times in parenthood when you realize, in a nanosecond, that every struggle so far, and any worry for the future, is all so insignificant. There IS a plan! A purpose and a God much bigger than yourself. If you'll just have faith and let go, life's blessings will often fall into place all by themselves. Despite your urge to control things and in a more perfect way than you could've imagined.

It was often overwhelming managing a toddler and a newborn only 18 months apart and more than once I questioned the sanity of it all, but I've seen time and time again how lucky Toots and Buddy are to have each other and how grateful I feel just to be able to witness it.

We were at St.B's Easter Egg Hunt and Toots spotted a preschool classmate, Andy. She took Buddy by the hand and said "C'mon Buddy, there's my friend, Andy." I just followed and watched. When they reached Andy, Toots put her arm around Buddy and gently guided him to Andy, with her hand on Buddy's back saying, "Hi Andy, this is my brother, Buddy!"

She's 4 years old y'all. A 4 year old politely and lovingly introducing her 2 year old brother to her friend... I could've melted into a pile of sugar right on the spot.

No comments: